Monday, June 24, 2019

I am Bilingual

I was born and completed Lincoln High School long before you could ask Siri, Alexa, or Google anything.  I enjoyed talking on the phone (a landline) with my friends and when "dial up"
via GIPHY

first came out, there were MANY arguments between my brother and I about who should take control of the landline and for how long.  I can remember many times intentionally picking up the phone to kick him off and take control of the line!  When writing research papers, even in college, I had to go to the physical library and take notes on paper from actual books to complete the assignment.  Therefore, I cannot say that I am a digital native.

However, I do believe I am bilingual.  I consider myself to be pretty tech savvy, especially with regards to the Google suite and Apple Photos.  I have become interested in the Apple Photos app because of my kids.  At this moment, on my camera roll alone (not including the photo stream/cloud) I have 2,249 photos and 487 videos and that is only about 1 year's worth of photos.  Since my kids are digital natives - they are obsessed with YouTube and YouTubers (or "yube" tube as my son says) and have created (with our help) their own YouTube channel...we are looking for subscribers.  😉


No comments:

Post a Comment